Error 2000 on valerie modem

Ray1234
Contributor

Hello, I got with virgin plus in september 2022 and ever since signing up, I had 0 issues with any connection, until 4 days ago when my home wifi stopped working. I check the modem I have and it said “error 2000 please enter http…” i did that, no success. I do the virtual repair tool, no success. I call virgin plus customer service they try troubleshooting from their end with whatever they have, no success. The guy on the phone with me tells me I need to swap my modem for a completely new one while keeping the metal fiber optic chip that was inside. I take a 30 minute walk to my nearest virgin plus store, they do whatever they need to do and i return home. I set the new one up as told (all I had to do was plug the modem in) and still, error2000 shows up. I call again, a new guy answers and tries troubleshooting again, to no success. He apologizes in advance for what he was about to tell me; I have to go to the store again since this modem hasn’t “been properly factory tested” and it was defective. He tells me that this time he’ll email the store to let them know that I deserve a proper working machine and that they should compensate me for all the trouble they caused. I go to the store, the same employees still on their shift tell me that “they just sold their last valerie modem”?????? They manage to get me one from the back (lol) and set it up. I tell them about my compensation, they said they’re not in a position to do that (lol!). I go back home, set it up again the same old way, ERROR2000! After I called, the provider on the phone told me that they don’t want to send a technician because that’s usually the last thing they do. What do I do?

9 REPLIES 9

VirginPlusAntgio

Hey there @Ray1234

Welcome to the Community and thanks for your post. 

Error 2000 means it can not connect to the server, it could be hardware issues or it could be just a connection issue that requires some technical setting on the modem/server. 

In order to best assist, can you share the results of the Virtual Repair ToolOpens in a new tab or window and also please let us know if your concern has already been looked into. 

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Ohdear
Contributor

I’m getting the same problem. Changed the u it as instructed but getting the same ERROR2000 message. Tried to install the virtual repair tool and I get the message that it can’t install right now. Called the technical support so they scheduled a technician to come tomorrow but now just sent a text message that , the appointment is cancelled because others in my area have reported an issue and they will solve at their end. No time line for repairs. When I check on line, it say “no outages reported in your area” .

HELP 

Hey there @Ohdear

We wanted to reach out and see how the technician visit went and also to clarify that you do not have to download the Virtual Repair Tool and if you are having home internet interruptions or issues, you can run the Virtual Repair Tool via your mobile phone directly to ensure a full check up is completed. 

Let the Community know if you have more questions.

I’m having the same problem in downtown Toronto today. ERROR 2000 on Valerie no outages reported online. Tech support sending me to the store for a new one but I don’t have much hope this will help. Ray1234, Ohdear, Did your issues get fixed?

Seems like Virgin don’t have a good way to detect problems like this early so if you found this message because you’re having the same problem, I’d suggest calling them so we can make them aware

Hey there @WhyWontYouReachYourServer,

We wanted to check with you if your new modem helped or if you're still experiencing the same issue?

When facing these types of issue, try running the Virtual Repair Tool directly on your mobile browser and not on a computer linked to the affected service, that way it will have the ability to complete a full check up and confirm if there is any issues in the area.

Let the Community know if you have more questions.

Since the issue seemed to be that the modem was not receiving a signal, as expected, the new modem did not help, nor did the Virtual Repair Tool (I like the idea of the tool in principle though!). After another round of troubleshooting with tech support a technician was sent out next day (today). They visited today and eventually found the issue outside as suspected.

It took a while to get things fully set back up...the instructions recieved with the replacement modem were wrong (instructions say to use v2xxxx@virginplus.ca but v2xxxx@virginmedia.ca is expected) and although I recieved a copy of my V2 id, the password was never provided and had to be reset by the technician but thankfully we're now back up and running.

Error 2100, 2000 and 1000

This is my 4th with virgin and I just had internet for 4 hours long, I chat with customer service, talked with tech from all levels and today came one technician to my apartment and I’m still having the same errors in the modem. What a disgusting experience with Virgin, someone know how can be this fixed completely? 

Hi there, @Modem. Welcome to the Virgin Plus Community, and thank you for your post.

We're sorry to hear about the difficulties you had been experiencing. As it sounds like you had already replaced your Valerie multiple times, were you able to arrange for a technician to visit your home and take a closer look? If so, were they able to share any further info as to the situation, or what a fix may be?

Let us know if you were still in need of assistance.

Vaultdweller
Contributor

Replying for others in the future; just unplug the power cord and plug it back in. After reading everyone’s dilemmas I decided I would try it since I hate making phone calls and didn’t want to wait for a technician and a new modem. What a hassle. So far so good.