Still no access to my TV channels, 3 and half weeks after

guicanuel
Contributor III

Still no access to my TV channels, 3 and half weeks after the installation by technician at my house... Had customer service tell me two times already that someone will look after that and solution would arrive in less than 3 days.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

guicanuel
Contributor III

Problem solved. Got access to my channels saturday.

View solution in original post

27 REPLIES 27

tech_junkie
Employee

What channels appear when you log into your account? Do the missing channels appear there? What platform are you using? Try using the web version of the TV service and see if they are there. You can always try rebooting your modem as a last resort. Maybe it will force them. 

I am a Virgin Plus employee and a customer. My views on the Community Forum are my own and may not be the views of Virgin Plus or any of its affiliates.

guicanuel
Contributor III

All channels appear. I just cannot click on them to watch them. It says that I need to order these channels.  I can only watch these channels (Not on my wish list: 48-49-50- 115-117-122-130-131-and a few others).  I use a Google Chromecast TV, Goole Chrome on my computer and the app on my Android phone. Rebooted several times the modem.

Awesome, thanks that helps a bit. Do you see the channels you are not getting on your VirginPlus account?

Have you tried the Virgin virtual repair tool?

I am a Virgin Plus employee and a customer. My views on the Community Forum are my own and may not be the views of Virgin Plus or any of its affiliates.

guicanuel
Contributor III

Yes I see them. I just cannot select them.  Error 1006a on my Chromecast TV.  

guicanuel
Contributor III

In Google Chrome on my computer, it says go to My account to order this channel...

Ok, log into your account online and see what channels are listed in your subscription. Are they listed there? If the app is telling you to purchase them, more than likely they are not in your subscription. Take a look and let me know what channels you see, give an example of what channel you are trying to tune to and see if its listed in your MyAccount TV channel subscription.

guicanuel
Contributor III

In my subscription, i should have these channels: 101-102-103 for example.  I see them in the guide but I get the errors/message when I try to select them...

If the channels are not showing within your TV service of your MyAccount then they are not subscribed. 

guicanuel
Contributor III

Ok forget it. You don't understand. I'm awaiting a call within 48 hours by the customer service to resolve this problem bugging me for more than 3 weeks... I'll see then if I have to change service provider.

I understand, I know it can be frustrating.

You are telling me that the channels appear on your guide but tell you to purchase. You didn't indicate what TV package you have and if those 3 channels are a part of your package. 

• 101 - TCBC ICI Tele (french channel)
  • 102 - Noovo Montreal (french channel)
  • 103 - TVA Montreal (french channel)

guicanuel
Contributor III

These channels are included in both French and English package. So I should have them.

Jhimnu
Contributor II

Hello Guicanuel, I share your frustrations. I had my connection 2 weeks ago, and still can’t access the TV channels I order. None of their employees understand the problems. None of their managers can comprehend a solution. After several 1.5 hour phone conversations, I get the same answer as you, wait 3 days, 48 hours, we’ll call you (managers). I each time I call, I have to explain the situation anew. And on the other end, there’s a lot of finger pointing between Bell and Virgin, neither can help. 

guicanuel
Contributor III

Problem solved. Got access to my channels saturday.

i have the same exact problem and NOBODY CAN HELP ME AT VIRGIN this is RIDICULOUS!!