Mobile data

Whatswrong
Contributor II

I'm unable to access my mobile data except through a WiFi. Is this related to APN settings and if so what are these settings 

24 REPLIES 24

Check the APN setting, most likely need to be updated with the switch from Fido to VM

try these steps:

1.Navigate to the Settings menu.

2.Select Mobile Network/Connection Settings.

3.Select Access Point Names.

4.Add a New APN setting.

5.Fill in the following settings:

Name: Virgin Plus

APN: pda.bell.ca

Proxy: web.wireless.bell.ca

Port: 80

Username:

Password:

Server:

MMSC: http://mms.bell.ca/mms/wapenc

MMS proxy: web.wireless.bell.ca

MMS port: 80

MMS protocol: WAP 2.0

MCC: 302

MNC: 610

APN type: blank

6.Press Menu and Save

I am a Virgin Plus employee and a customer. My views on the Community Forum are my own and may not be the views of Virgin Plus or any of its affiliates.

I would reset your network settings. This will reset all your Wi-Fi, cellular, and VPN settings, aka your  saved networks and wifi passwords.

Tap System. Tap Restart & reset. Tap Network settings reset. 

I am a Virgin Plus employee and a customer. My views on the Community Forum are my own and may not be the views of Virgin Plus or any of its affiliates.

Lg5User
Contributor

Started working now somehow, I turned off the wi-fi this morning, then can see the "4g" sign. 

Couldn’t connect to internet earlier today ., what settings do I need on my iPhone 14? Says no internet available. 

I am unable to use data all day yesterday. I generally use it outside to navigate using maps. I use a pixel 6a. I used the internet on the previous day too. There were no issues.

Now, I can see LTE/5G on top of the network bars. Also, there is no exclamation mark ! 

I tried airplane mode on/off. Tried restarting the device. Also tried to toggle with some APN settings that were mentioned on some other posts in this community.

As of now, internet is only available on wifi. There is no data access from Mobile data.

After I purchased S15/month plan which is 100 MB data, I couldn’t access to data using. Consequently, I bought top up data $25 as I thought my plan 100 MB is too low but consistently it doesn’t work until right now. I have tried a lot of ways that switch on and off mobile, take out sim and put it back, turn on and off mobile service in setting. But it’s fail.

How should I try in another way that mobile data to be working?

I have unlimited data n only used 1gb but when wifi is off i can't even use my internet browser what's Goin on 

i would like to know if anyone has the APN number is for Virgin canada sim cards?  i bought a Cell based camera and it takes the sim card. it wont work in the camera and the only option i see is to enter the APN number directly through the camera app.   but i cannot find that info anywhere.....when i use my phone and follow those steps the APN does not appear anywhere in the mobile network settings. 

I just transferred from Fido to Virgin Plus. The problem I am facing is that even if I am able to call anyone, but I can't use Internet. I even tried switching off my mobile pr putting it on airplane mode, but still didn't find a solution. 

Hoping to get solution to the problem. For your reference I have Vivo Y35 mobile. 

Hi Yash, 

Try the following in the order given below 
Go to "Settings",
"Mobile Network/connection settings", then
"Access Point Names" (APN)
Add  "New Access Name",
Enter the data below for the new APN
Choose "menu" and "Save"
Name: Virgin Plus APN: pda.bell.ca Proxy: web.wireless.bell.ca Port: 80 Username: Password: Server: MMSC: http://mms.bell.ca/mms/wapenc MMS proxy: web.wireless.bell.ca MMS port: 80 MMS protocol: WAP 2.0 MCC: 302 MNC: 610 APN type: blank
This worked for me. Good luck