Mobile data

Whatswrong
Contributor II

I'm unable to access my mobile data except through a WiFi. Is this related to APN settings and if so what are these settings 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

VirginPlusAntgio

Hey there @Whatswrong

Welcome to the Community and thanks for your post. 

It will be hard to determine the cause of your concern with the information provided, as it could be the result of many different scenarios, from incorrect phone settings to reaching a data limit. 

To narrow it down, please provide the following info:

• What is the make and model of your phone?
  • What troubleshooting steps have you completed so far?
  • Have you checked My AccountOpens in a new tab or window? If so, do you have available data in your current billing cycle?
  • Have you checked the status of your My Data ManagerOpens in a new tab or window?

If you're using an Android phone and need to update your APN settings, try these steps:

1.Navigate to the Settings menu.

2.Select Mobile Network/Connection Settings.

3.Select Access Point Names.

4.Add a New APN setting.

5.Fill in the following settings:

• Name: Virgin Plus
  • APN: pda.bell.ca
  • Proxy: web.wireless.bell.ca
  • Port: 80
  • Username:
  • Password:
  • Server:
  • MMSC: http://mms.bell.ca/mms/wapenc
  • MMS proxy: web.wireless.bell.ca
  • MMS port: 80
  • MMS protocol: WAP 2.0
  • MCC: 302
  • MNC: 610
  • APN type: blank

6.Press Menu and Save

We also invite you to check out our Mobility How To article Troubleshooting data connectivityOpens in a new tab or window for more troubleshooting tips and tricks.

Let the Community know if you have any questions.

View solution in original post

24 REPLIES 24

VirginPlusAntgio

Hey there @Whatswrong

Welcome to the Community and thanks for your post. 

It will be hard to determine the cause of your concern with the information provided, as it could be the result of many different scenarios, from incorrect phone settings to reaching a data limit. 

To narrow it down, please provide the following info:

• What is the make and model of your phone?
  • What troubleshooting steps have you completed so far?
  • Have you checked My AccountOpens in a new tab or window? If so, do you have available data in your current billing cycle?
  • Have you checked the status of your My Data ManagerOpens in a new tab or window?

If you're using an Android phone and need to update your APN settings, try these steps:

1.Navigate to the Settings menu.

2.Select Mobile Network/Connection Settings.

3.Select Access Point Names.

4.Add a New APN setting.

5.Fill in the following settings:

• Name: Virgin Plus
  • APN: pda.bell.ca
  • Proxy: web.wireless.bell.ca
  • Port: 80
  • Username:
  • Password:
  • Server:
  • MMSC: http://mms.bell.ca/mms/wapenc
  • MMS proxy: web.wireless.bell.ca
  • MMS port: 80
  • MMS protocol: WAP 2.0
  • MCC: 302
  • MNC: 610
  • APN type: blank

6.Press Menu and Save

We also invite you to check out our Mobility How To article Troubleshooting data connectivityOpens in a new tab or window for more troubleshooting tips and tricks.

Let the Community know if you have any questions.

I went through the APN settings update as per your message. The existing settings were almost as suggested except for the name which displayed Bell so i changed it to Virgin Plus. The APN Type was: default,mms,supl, which I deleted and left it blank. However i did not find the field MMS Protocol. Instead the field APN Protocol and APN roaming protocol displaying IPv4 and IPv4/IPv6 respectively were set. Do I need to alter any of these settings and what about the MMS protocol? Thanks for the help

1EYE
Employee

I would test what happens when you toggle the wifi off. Do you see an icon with lte/4g etc appear where the wifi icon was? If no, you should check in the Settings to see if you need to turn on your Mobile data.

I am a Virgin Plus employee and a customer. My views on the Community Forum are my own and may not be the views of Virgin Plus or any of its affiliates.

İnternet connection is established while WiFi is off. The mobile data is on. The icon displayed switches between 4G and 4G+. Do i need to modify the APN protocol and APN roaming protocol settings mentioned in my previous msg?

Thanks 

1EYE
Employee

what kind of mobile device are you using? 

I am a Virgin Plus employee and a customer. My views on the Community Forum are my own and may not be the views of Virgin Plus or any of its affiliates.

OnePlus 10 Pro

1EYE
Employee

I checked with someone using the same device, their APN setting are a match for what you have listed. 

Does your mobile data work now when you toggle the Wi-Fi off? 

Seems it's working now and the problem is resolved (I guess). Will keep checking. Thanks

We're happy to hear that your concern is resolved @Whatswrong.

Keeps us posted if you notice any changes.

Hi, I am sending this message for my husband. He recently bought a Maxwest Neo Flip Phone & is using PrePaid. How does he connect to the internet? Does he need data? What are the specifications to put in Setting - - - > Connections?

Thanks!

There is no internet connection in my phone from yesterday..I am trying to connect but it doesn't.. What should I do?

I use the same phone with Fido for 5 years, transferred my cell phone plan with virginPlus on May 12, 2023.  No internet connection at all on this phone; I can call, text and receive call.   

I followed this community advice on Lg 5 Mobile Network -> Access Point Names -> manually type in:

Name:  Virgin Plus   ;  APN:  pda.bell.ca. ;   Proxy: web.wireless.bell.ca.  ;   port: 80;   

Username:     blank.  Password: bland;   Server: Not set;  MMSC: http://mms.bell.ca/mms/wapenc ; 

MMS proxy: web.wirless.bell.ca   ;     MCC port:  80;  MCC 302;   MNC: 610;    

Authentication type: Not set;    APN type:  blank ; APN protocol :  Ipv4/Ipv6;    APN roaming protocol: IPv4/IPv6 

Unfortunately, after power off/on, Still No data service. 

I have called former mobile company Fido, called LG , called all department of VirginPlus. 

NO BODY CAN HELP !!

Not working, No LTE or any data network signs, no internet!

Lg5User
Contributor

Set up everything accordingly, saved and restart couple of times for last 3 days;

no LTE/4g sign on screen; No data , no internet; can call and use wifi. 

LG g5, cell phone; No problem while with Fido mobile;  After unlocked my phone and goes to virgin, no data access.

May 15, 2023