Voicemail greeting voice options?

taz
Contributor

Are there different options for the voice that greets me on voicemail? I don't care for the electronic Aussie accent lady. 

12 REPLIES 12

VirginPlusAntgio

Hey there @taz, welcome to the Community. 

We're sad to learn that you do not like our recording. 😞  However it is the only one we've got.

For other options on how to change your and expedite your voicemail usage, check out this thread on More concise voicemail retrieval routinesOpens in a new tab or window

taz
Contributor

Thanks for the reply! Maybe she'll grow on me... 

Eternally effervescent, never has a bad day..

Are there any plans at all to introduce a less grating voice to represent virgin? In canada we have a stunningly tooth-shattering french version of the fake sounding brit english one. I’m not really sure who this appeals to.

Hello, I just switched over to Virgin from Bell. 

You can add me to the vote that the voicemail voice it HORRIBLE.   But I have to endure it each and every time I go into the voicemail --- yuck.

Why would you introduce a foreign accent in anything as widely used as this?  Why not just use a Canadian voice with no noticeable accent?  Seems like common sense to me.  At the very least, why not give us options that allow us to select a voice / accent that is less annoying?

I look forward to the day that Virgin replaces it or gives us more options.

The computerized sing song voice of Virgin’s voicemail prompter is annoying and the script too lengthy. Can these be changed?

nd26
Contributor

I am in complete agreement--why are you using a recording with a RIDICULOUS, FAKE accent?  It is so grating and cringy.  I HATE it!!!

I totally agree!!! Please consider a Canadian voice instead of that horrible fake Auzzie voice!! 

Richie
Contributor

It's not only annoying - it's hard to understand. With the accent, limitations of cellular transmission, small phone speakers and my moderate hearing impairment, I just cannot make out what the voice is saying at some of the prompts.

Please change this, as AIG suggested.

Thanks. 

Amen. I never thought a voice could drill a hole in my head, but that’s what it feels like logging in

TT
Contributor

AGREED!!!! I cannot make out what that lady is saying, we are not used to the fake accent and just makes navigation harder for no reason! NEED A NEW VOICE!!!!

GJH
Contributor

Seriously, she’s the worst. I’ve listened to her for too many years. Please change this Virgin Mobile or I’ll change carriers