Can't receive text messages from one contact

Iicefire
Contributor

Hello,

For some reason, I can send a text message to one of my friends, but when he response the message says it is sent, but I don't receive it.  I did notice his phone number was blocked, but I unblocked it.I have an LG phone

Things I tried

Reinstalled message - the one that came with the phone

Deleted contact - added contact.

Cleared cache

Rebooted phone a few times.

Check every setting and can't find anything.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Iicefire
Contributor

I checked those setting and nothing blocked.  I noticed the number was blocked, and I unblocked it.  The thing I did was deleted the entry in the contract app.  Went back to the text message app and added the number as a new contact with a new name.  It seems to be working now.  Strange. 
Thanks for the reply.

I.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

1EYE
Employee

Tough one, i would check the following.

Open settings ==> Network & Internet ==> Call ==> call blocking & decline with message ==> blocked numbers 

Do you see the number listed?

I am a Virgin Plus employee and a customer. My views on the Community Forum are my own and may not be the views of Virgin Plus or any of its affiliates.

Iicefire
Contributor

I checked those setting and nothing blocked.  I noticed the number was blocked, and I unblocked it.  The thing I did was deleted the entry in the contract app.  Went back to the text message app and added the number as a new contact with a new name.  It seems to be working now.  Strange. 
Thanks for the reply.

I.

i switched to virgin 1 month ago. and noticed that I do not receive SMS from my friends using RSC chat. in friends it shows that the SMS was delivered to me, but I do not receive anything

Vasyl
Contributor

there is no number in blocked contacts