Network gaps and issues/making and receiving calls in Southern Ontario, Toronto and GTA

Aotg
Contributor II

For the last few weeks I have had issues making phone calls or recieving calls. I am located in Toronto GTA (durham region). I need help, but for some weird reason, the only way Virgin mobile helps is by booking a call...which I can not recieve. I have pulled my sim card, rebooted my phone many times and just did the latest update on July 27th and still it hasn't fixed it. Please confirm how I can fix this...perferably without having to do a complete reset and losing all of my contacts/msgs, etc.

24 REPLIES 24

This is actually not the first time, but i thought it is just a random experienced. Im on a prepaid with 400 minutes calls, and i dont even know how come it was used and run out without me actually calling that much. The last time i checked i still have some left, but now its 0. I cant understand i have incoming text and can do outgoing sms but no one can reached me? I tried resetting, on and off, tried other phone but with same response. I cant call because i dont have any left call allowed, and the prompt when someone is calling me is "your call cannot be completed at dial, please check the number and dial again". Considering on changing network, but posting here to somehow get some resolution for this concern 1st. Thanks @virginplus

Today I drove west on Lakeshore Rd from Oakville around 1:00 PM using Waze to get to an address in Burlington. While still in Oakville Waze stopped working with an error message of No network. I tried to Google the company I was going to get their phone number but Google kicked out a "No network connection" error. I tried again but got the same result. My email error said "Could not activate cellular data network". I confirmed that cellular data was on. 

I then turned around to go back home but went up by the QEW to see if I could get cellular data there. It took me an hour to go there and back so I kept checking but got the same results. I only got service after I got home. I checked the Virgin outages and none were listed. The Virgin Mobile coverage map shows 5G is available in the area I was driving in. 

Any idea what happened?

Has anyone else had cellular data issue along the lake in Oakville and Burlington?

Please advise,

Thanks & regards.

I am in GTA people sometimes cant contact me and I am not reviving any notifications of calls or Voice mail ..It directly switch to busy 

Komal
Contributor

Hii i haven't received incoming calls and messages, when some one make call that directly forward to voicemail but able to do outgoing calls please look into the matter because i faced lots of trouble due to that. From the next time i didnt pay the amount.  

Thankyou 

I have a similar issue. Incoming calls and text messages are hit and miss. Many calls go directly to voice mail, incoming text messages are often hours late (which is especially annoying in times of 2FA). Outgoing calls and texts are no problem, so my coverage is fine.

Rebooting the phone triggers incoming text messages that were delayed, but then the problem returns. I have not changed phone (Pixel 7) nor SIM card, nor have I changed settings.

You @VirginPlusKris  said "Have you got in touch with our technical support team to open a ticket?"
That's exactly what I want to do. How do I do that if I can't reliably receive return calls? I do not have a landline.

Hey there @Daniel7

Welcome to the Community and thanks for your post. 

We wanted to check in to see if you had a chance to try the suggestions mentioned on this thread as well as verified the How To article in our previous response. 

Other things to check and try are;

• Make sure your phone is updated to its latest OS
  • Reset your network settings 
  • Turn your phone fully off and remove your SIM for 2 to 5 minutes
  • As a last resort, do a manufacture reset and/or visit a Virgin Plus location and complete a SIM card change

Give those a try and keep the Community updated with the results.

I've tried all of these. But in my area, the problem persists.

There is no place around here where I could get a SIM card, but on a recent trip to BC I had the SIM card exchange. I was charged $10 plus tax for that, although I had not lost or damaged the SIM card. A few minutes after I left the store, my data service shut off. I could make calls, but no data. After about an hour I went back to the Virgin Plus store, but they could not help me. They said my device was faulty. They said they were not able to call tech support. After some back and forth, they let me use their phone to call in, but that only allowed me to ask for a callback. A callback to a supposedly faulty device.

Anyway, after some more time I received the call back, but was put on hold. When someone pickled up, they determined it was tech issue (you don't say), and I was put on hold again. Eventually, they found that there was a data block on my account. I had absolutely not asked for that.

Not only was I charged for the SIM card, someone (the store? your computer?) also put a data block on my account, and hours of my trip were wasted on this.

At least the problems with the incoming calls and text messages were gone - or so I thought. Now I am back in my home area, and the problem has returned.

My phone is online, but incoming texts are delayed by hours (or until I make an outgoing call or send an outgoing text message). I know that they are delayed because I trigger incoming text messages for 2FA, so I know exactly when they should arrive. Data services is always fine.

All of this tells me that there is nothing wrong my phone or my SIM card. There is a network issue here in my area.

I have asked for another callback, but I don't know if it will get through. Also, there is no way to ask for a tech person, so I will be put back on hold again.

Your service leaves to be desired.

And of course your callback went right to my voicemail. How can I talk to your tech support? I am paying for service I am not receiving. And your second and third attempts also went to voicemail. I am sitting here with my phone in my hand. It is connected to the network. Virgin voicemail sends me text messages AND MMS, but the incoming calls don't arrive.  (Earlier today it was the text messages that didn't arrive.)

This "callback only" fails when the problem is incoming calls going to voicemail.
How will you help me?

Aotg
Contributor II

Virgin Mobile

This issue continues to happen. I've had to completely reset my phone 3 times now to fix this. Clearly this is an issue on your end and not a device issue if mupltle ppl in multiple areas are having the same problem!!

You do realize how frustrating this is to have to jump thru hoops everytime this issue pops up, just to be able to use a service we pay for right????? 

How about you get your well paid tech ppl to look into the issue and fix it once and for all so we don't have to be the ones trying to figure out solutions to be able to use a service we pay a lot of money of for?!?! PLEASE FIX THIS PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi there, @Daniel7 and @Aotg. Thanks for following up.

We'll be reaching out in a private message to take a closer look. Please check your Messages within your profile avatar in the top right corner.

Unsure how to check or send a private message? See How to send a private messageOpens in a new tab or window