Message for "last mailbox access was [time]"?

Richard
Contributor

Today when I went to check my voicemail, I got a message telling me when I had last checked my voicemail: "your last mailbox access was 7:03pm," for example. If I hit 9 for "record" (I guess to acknowledge my access?), then it let's me get to my messages, but I don't want to have to do that.

Any advice? I'm guessing someone else in the house helped me by hitting some buttons.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

VirginPlusPatricia

Hey Richard! Welcome to the Community.

It sounds like you're referring to an Extended Absence Greeting. 

To activate/disable this check out the steps below:

To activate an Extended Absence Greeting;

• Access your mailbox by pressing and holding the 1 key on your mobile phone and enter your password.
  • Press 4 for Personal options.
  • Press 3 for Personal greeting options.
  • Press 2 and follow the instructions for creating an extended absence greeting.

To remove an Extended Absence Greeting;

• Access your mailbox by pressing and holding the 1 key on your mobile phone and enter your password.
  • Press 2 to turn your Extended Absence Greeting off.

Have a great day. 🙂

- Patricia

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

VirginPlusPatricia

Hey Richard! Welcome to the Community.

It sounds like you're referring to an Extended Absence Greeting. 

To activate/disable this check out the steps below:

To activate an Extended Absence Greeting;

• Press 4 for Personal options.
  • Press 3 for Personal greeting options.
  • Press 2 and follow the instructions for creating an extended absence greeting.

To remove an Extended Absence Greeting;

• Press 2 to turn your Extended Absence Greeting off.

Have a great day. 🙂

- Patricia

This started happening to me. I’ve done the above steps. Did not work. Also wondering why the extended absence turned on in the first place? Not sure what that even means actually. 

Having the same problem. Every time I open voicemail and get recording with last time accessing messages. I cannot delete it and above proposed solution did not work. I do not have an extended absence message.