Activating Apple watch

Mike1
Contributor

IMG_0090.png

Hi,

I am having issue activating my Apple Watch cellular. I contacted the support 2 times and got transferred to different reps. None of them know what to do.

Can someone from Virgin please help?

thanks,

Michael 

9 REPLIES 9

VirginPlusKris

Hi there, @Mike1. Welcome to the Community.

Did you get this Apple Watch through a third party seller? If so, could you confirm the series and model number of the Apple Watch?

Certain models of Apple Watches are not supported on Canadian LTE bands and thus would not be able to activate with Virgin Plus. If you're unsure, you can check out Apple's support page on Compatible Models & Supported CarriersOpens in a new tab or window to confirm.

Let us know if you were still in need of assistance.

Hi Kris,

Thanks for responding.

Yes, it was purchased through a third party seller. The watch is a series 6 and model number is A2294, which is a North America model.

Thanks,

Michael

Thank you for the details, @Mike1.

When trying to self-activate your Apple Watch, could you confirm that you're following these steps?

1. Upgrade iPhone software to iOS12 (or newer).
  2. Open the Watch app on iPhone. In most cases, the Watch app is already on the iPhone (it is a pre-installed app). If you've deleted this app, it can be redownloaded via the App Store.
  3. Hold the watch near a compatible Virgin Plus iPhone. Wait until they see Use your iPhone to set up the Apple Watch.
  4. Tap Set Up for Myself. This will take you through the NumberShare activation.

You can also check out our FAQ on Smartwatch NumberShareOpens in a new tab or window for more details.

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Hi Kris,

My phone is on iOS 16.5 and I confirm I’ve followed all the steps listed. I just tried now and I am still getting the same error.

IMG_0092.png

Thank you for giving it a try, Mike.

We'll be reaching out in a private message to gather more information. Please check your Messages within your profile avatar in the top right corner.

Unsure how to check or send a private message? See How to send a private messageOpens in a new tab or window

pardesey
Contributor

What was the solution to this? I continue to receive the same error. The call center agent was not able to resolve this even after removing and re-adding the cellular watch plan. 

When I try to set up cellular on my new Apple Watch through my phone the page bounces and closes automatically.. effectively barring me from my ability set it up.. anyone else have this problem? 

@Nattlsnaik wrote:

When I try to set up cellular on my new Apple Watch through my phone the page bounces and closes automatically.. effectively barring me from my ability set it up.. anyone else have this problem? 

I'm experiencing the same thing. This is an Apple Watch from the Virgin Plus Store itself.

I contacted Virgin support, and they said to contact Apple support. I contacted Apple support, and have since unpaired 3x, restarted 4x, factory reset both devices. Nothing worked. After factory reset or unpair, it's stuck at this screen:

Screenshot 2024-02-24 at 4.32.25 PM.png

@Nattlsnaik wrote:

Finally - after so many tries, I got connected to Virgin Plus tech escalation and they said that my account had an existing cellular plan for the watch that was misconfigured. They had to deactivate that line and instructed me to unpair one last time, which got me through a new setup process to pick the cellular plan myself, and finally it's working. Only wasted 6 hours of my Saturday! Neat.