Question about billing when adding another line (confusion)

RKX
Contributor

I am adding another line to my account, however I am confused about the final billing process. when I go to sign up I fill it all out and it asks for my credit card info, not sure why as I already have the account I am adding the line to, but ok maybe it needs it for checking like it says. however at the end before I submit the order it say that I agree to a credit check (which is fine) it also says that the credit card info used will be billed. 

does adding a new line change how I have my billing setup or will I still be paying as I usually do at the end of each month from my bank? Does that mean it's going to change all my existing services to credit card payment because of this change? 

thanks for the help.

1 REPLY 1

VirginPlusKris

Hi there, @RKX. Welcome to the Virgin Plus Community, and thanks for your post.

While your credit card info is commonly used to run a credit check when activating a new line or account, this info is not then also used to automatically sign you up for pre-authorized credit card payments. Sensitive info such as credit card details, when given, is only expressly used for what you give permission for it to be used for, and nothing else.

We hope this clears up things for you. Let us know if you have any further questions.