Problem with online orders

ProbablyMe
Contributor

Scenario: My phone suddenly dies.

Solution: Look on Virgin Mobile website and order a new phone (yay boxing day deal!) with an unfortunate 2-5 day wait for shipping.

Follow up: 1 hour later realize that I could probably pick it up in store so I contact Virgin Mobile support. Turns out I can't just pick up in store. I have to cancel the order, wait 24 hours for the cancellation to go through, then go to the store assuming they still have the phone in stock.

Obviously it's a bit absurd that because I ordered online I no longer have the option of having a phone today. Absurd enough that I'm curious, is the billing/order system really that crazy (24 hours for a cancellation of a just made order, no way to modify to instore pickup) or is there a standard solution to this predictable problem that the support person was unaware of?

2 REPLIES 2

VirginPlusDRock
Community Manager

Hi @ProbablyMe, welcome to the Community.

Your frustration is understandable, but online orders can take 24 hours to clear the system. Once the order has been cancelled and cleared, then a new order can be placed. Unfortunately a secondary order cannot be placed on top of an already pending order, or pending cancellation, until completed or cleared.

MrDrex
Contributor

How did you cancel your order?