Texts Not coming from my registered phone number

NewVCustomer
Contributor

I recently ordered a SIM card online. After placing my order I got a temporary Virgin number. After my card arrived I activated my plan and transferred my number from my old provider. I have an android, and now when I text people with the default setting (RCS) it comes from my "temporary" Virgin number. However when its an SMS message it comes from my actual number. On my end they all appear in one message, but for the people I text it shows up in different chats from different numbers.

Is there any way to remove the temporary 403 number from my account to ensure all texts come from my 587 number? 

2 REPLIES 2

VirginPlusAntgio

Hey there @NewVCustomer,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for your post. 

It may be that the RCS servers haven't received your new number information as of yet. You can try the following;

• Turn your phone off and remove Your SIM for 2-5 minutes.
  • Reset your network settings.

Give those a try and let us know how it goes.

goertzenator
Contributor

I just noticed this RCS issue too over 3 months after switching to Virgin Plus.  (I don't think I actually used RCS until today.)

I went in the Android Setting "RCS Chats" and it showed my old phone number in use for RCS.  I turned RCS off and then on to pick up my new phone number.  Fixed!