Phone voip connection to Valerie

claudium
Contributor

Hi,

I switched recently to Virgin internet and I tried to connect my Teksavvy Grand Stream (as I have a phone number with them) to Valerie. I put the cable to Line 1 and did a reset on the ATA box. I have dial tone but if I dial a number, is just busy. First virgin tech asked me to change DHCP from 2 to 3 and turn off SIP ALG. Still, doesn't work. Second tech said they do not offer the possibility to attach ATA to Valerie while the third one said it should. Last tech from Teksavvy sent me an email with rules to be changed, but another tech at Virgin said there's no need as the modem is not configures to accept third party voip. Tecksavvy said this is not true. Any help would be highly appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4

VirginPlusKris

Hi there, @claudium. Welcome to the Virgin Plus Community, and thanks for your post.

We wanted to check in and see if there's been any changes or updates in regards to your VoIP connection to Valerie since the time of your post. Did you manage to find a solution? If not, could you clarify as to what exactly these rules Teksavvy wanted you to update are?

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Hi Kris, no still doesn't work and I didn't cancel it. Since I started with Virgin I continued to pay Teksavvy. Here are the rules:

Sent: April 13, 2024 8:38 PM
To: ************************
Subject: Port forwarding - Phone service

Hello There,

Please reach out to your ISP and advise them to enable port forwarding on the modem so your ATA has access to the following ports

TekTalk Port Forwarding Rules
Rule 1

Rule Name: TekTalk 1

Source Zone: WAN

Destination Zone: LAN

Source IP: Leave Blank

Destination Device: Select ATA from the drop down menu

Public Port: 443

Protocol:

Local Port: 443

Port Type: Port

Rule 2

Rule Name: TekTalk 2

Public Port: 5012

Protocol:

Local Port: 5012

Port Type: Port

Rule 3

Rule Name: TekTalk 3

Port Type: Port Range

Public Port Range: 5060 - 5080

Protocol: TCP/UDP

Private Port Range: 5060 - 5080

Rule 4

Rule Name: TekTalk 4

Port Type: Port Range

Public Port: 16384 - 16482

Protocol: TCP/UDP

Local Port: 16384 - 16482

Thank you and Regards,

TSI - Bhuwan

TekSavvy Solutions Inc.

800 Richmond Street, Chatham Ontario, N7M 5J5, Canada

Click here to stop receiving promotional emails from TekSavvy Solutions Inc.

If you are a subscriber to TekSavvy’s services you will continue to receive notifications about your ongoing subscription and its use.

Unsubscribe from all future email

Please help. See my reply and let me know if you can fix the issue. Thanks!

Good afternoon @claudium,

We would be glad to take a closer look, and will connect with you via private message soon so we can get more information. Please check your Messages within your profile avatar in the top right corner.

Unsure how to check or send a private message? See How to send a private messageOpens in a new tab or window

- Patricia