Setting up voicemail

Contributor

Setting up voicemail?

7 REPLIES 7

VirginPlusKris

Hi there, @777. Welcome to the Community.

Could you please clarify for the Community the issues you're having with setting up your voicemail inbox?

If you're simply unsure how to set it up, check out our Support page on How to use calling featuresOpens in a new tab or window and take a look under Voicemail.

Let us know if you're in need of further assistance.

how do I delete voicemail messages

RedRose
Regular Contributor

Hi @confused2 

use the Phone app's Voicemail feature to listen to, manage press 1 and to delete your voicemail press 7
If you don't have visual voicemail, you can still delete voicemail by hold on and prees number 1 is will be going to your voicemail
listen to your voicemail press 1
to delete press 7

if not working your voicemail try to reboot phone.

I purchased my first Virgin Plus service plan on Nov 24, 2023. Have tried to set up voicemail for six months unsuccessful even with Virgin tech support.  Is there a Virgin customer office I can go to for a person to help me set up my voicemail or should I give up and change service provider.

When I first tried to set up my voicemail on November 24, 2023, I could not.  Having a female automated voice saying "You are a superstar" at each step even when I am failing does not help.  After my many failures, eventually, I received a different automated female voice from Virgin carrier saying "If you are an Apple user on IOS17 experiencing voicemail greeting problems, this could be related to the Apple live voicemail feature on your device.  You can disable your feature in your device settings."  Why would I want to disable my voicemail?  I am trying to set up my voicemail! 

Yesterday, I was told to call 611.  The tech told me how to press and hold the one key for a few seconds to get started, and together we did my personal voicemail recording.  I thanked him profusely, thinking it was now fixed.  The very next time that someone called me, once again they got the click when voicemail kicked in, the looong silence until they finally hung up their end of the phone. 

Since this is no longer the "first time" trying to set up my voicemail, it may be totally screwed up with my many efforts, and the results are not what you and everyone expects them to be.  I need a Virgin Plus outlet where a human being actually goes through the steps by looking at my iPhone.  (The Eglinton Square Virgin/Bell outlet people just brushed me off and said to go to head office.)

Hope this helps you to understand the issue and to provide practical help/advise.  At this time, I use my iPhone only for outgoing calls and emails, and have stopped giving out my iPhone number for people to call me so that I don't lose serious calls that I need to receive.  I receive my serious calls on my landline.  

Hi there, @Rose178. Welcome to the Virgin Plus Community, and thanks for the additional details.

It is known that iOS Live Voicemail interferes with Virgin Plus member's ability to make use of their normal voicemail inbox included in their monthly plan. Please take a look at our article on How to use iOS Live VoicemailOpens in a new tab or window, follow the instructions included for how to disable it, and let us know if the current issue persists.

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Rose178
Contributor

The instructions are too technical for an end-user to follow by remote.  I have the same problem trying to follow them, as I have had following other instructions by remote.  The problem persists.  I am not on contract to Virgin Plus.  I am now vetting other service providers to see whether one of them will do a complete setup in person at a customer support location, if I switch to their service (i.e. phone, voicemail, email, google security camera, etc.).