Virgin TV Compatible Devices

Ken323
Contributor

Why do your sales people not tell us you need a fire  tv stick to get channels let alone a 4K tv. Now I have no tv service at all until I go buy a 4K tv.

So I guess I’m listening to music and watching TV on my IPhone. But when my internet fee goes from $70/ month to $105. 
min 12 months It’s.bye bye Virgin internet. 
Very pleased with our Virgin Mobile service tho. Thank You. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

VirginPlusAntgio

Hey @Ken323,

Welcome to Community, 

Our awesome Virgin Plus TVOpens in a new tab or window service is available on any television with the help of the following casting devices;

Android TV: Sony Android TV, nVIDIA Shield, Xiaomi Mi Box

Apple TV (4th generation or higher) or all AirPlay enabled devices

Google Chromecast™

Versions 2 and higher

Amazon Fire TV Stick Basic Edition or higher

Android smartphones and tablets (OS 5.0+)

Apple smartphones and tablets (OS 12.0+)

Computer: Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge or Safari* browsers

Heads up:

• TV can’t be operated on a device that has been tampered with (i.e., rooting or jailbreaking).
  • The app does not support screen mirroring from smartphones and tablets, but it is possible to mirror your screen using a computer and HDMI cord.
  • *In order to access all of your TV content and features, please disable iCloud Private Relay for Safari or use Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge or Firefox browsers.

You can also find useful tutorials on our website by visiting; Virgin Plus TV TutorialsOpens in a new tab or window

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17

VirginPlusAntgio

Hey @Ken323,

Welcome to Community, 

Our awesome Virgin Plus TVOpens in a new tab or window service is available on any television with the help of the following casting devices;

Android TV: Sony Android TV, nVIDIA Shield, Xiaomi Mi Box

Apple TV (4th generation or higher) or all AirPlay enabled devices

Google Chromecast™

Versions 2 and higher

Amazon Fire TV Stick Basic Edition or higher

Android smartphones and tablets (OS 5.0+)

Apple smartphones and tablets (OS 12.0+)

Computer: Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge or Safari* browsers

Heads up:

• TV can’t be operated on a device that has been tampered with (i.e., rooting or jailbreaking).
  • The app does not support screen mirroring from smartphones and tablets, but it is possible to mirror your screen using a computer and HDMI cord.
  • *In order to access all of your TV content and features, please disable iCloud Private Relay for Safari or use Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge or Firefox browsers.

You can also find useful tutorials on our website by visiting; Virgin Plus TV TutorialsOpens in a new tab or window

Bonnibelle
Contributor

I was just wondering if at any point the TV app was going to be made available with Roku devices? It's a fairly big brand and pretty much every other streaming service is available on it, but not Virgin TV. Seems like a glaring oversight if you ask me. And it would be nice if I could have my TV service work on all my devices for everyone in the household's convenience. I have seen this question being asked on Roku sites but the reply is always the same, that it needs to be addressed from Virgin's end. But where exactly? Here? I have a sneaky suspicion this is just to appease the masses and nothing brought up here is ever truly resolved. At the very least I would appreciate someone on staff pointing me in the right direction of where to look and/or what department to speak to. Thank you for your time in reading this.

Thank you for your post @Bonnibelle 

At this time, we do not have any information on Roku availability. Stay tuned to Virgin Plus TVOpens in a new tab or window for any updates.

I am shocked you actually recommend the Xiaomi Mi Box as a compatible device. I have owned this one for a year now and had nothing but problems. For starters, it crashes at least 2-3 times on a good day. I use it 99% of the time for the Virgin Plus app. I de-installed amazon prime and Netflix, and it still crashes. Or maybe the app is at cause, which I know has its share of bugs.
I switched to virgin because it's cheaper, but I learned the hard way that you get what you pay for. Service and support included.

In Canada, when you try to download the VirginPlus TV app from GooglePlayStore from your Android Sony TV, ...you will receive the message "Unfortunately this App is not available in your country".

Virgin Sales teams and Virgin Tech support fail to warn their Sony customers.

Sony Tech support reports that there is currently no licensing agreement with Virgin, so their VirginPlus TV app will not download.

Shame on Virgin for hiding this fact, causing countless hours of useless calls to their help lines.

Very unprofessional !

Hi Mr. Frustrated,

I have a Sony Android TV and have been running the Virgin TV app subscription since late 2020, and I get all the Virgin TV updates. I live in Toronto. Wondering why your experience would be different. 

Frank

I have LG TV. It has Google but I can't find Google App Store. It may not be a smart TV. Do I need patches on USB stick to install it on my LG TV?

I stalled successfully on my cell phone and it is working.

I also have an LG TV ( from around 2019) and it uses a different system, unfortunately. Not Google Play Store, but rather LG Content Store, which does NOT have the Virgin Plus App, as of this writing. Disappointing.to say the least. Fortunately I had a 4K Firestick laying around that I was using before I bought my "Smart" LG TV, so I was up & running right away, using that. I am looking at downloading the Google Play APK for this TV, but I'm not very hopeul that it will work, as I have read elsewhere that it doesn't. 

Why will VirginPlus TV allow casting to external tv's etc. but I can't connect to an external monitor (wired) through Samsung Dex or Screen Mirroring - it's the same thing - now I have an external paperweight. I did this so I could watch VirginPlus TV outside in the warm months? I get the error about devices - but don't get why Chromecast is OK, but other connected devices are not?

To second this, why did the Smart View feature on my Samsung phone work to put Virgin TV on my Sharp Roku TV until the last few days / weeks? Now, I get an error message.

If this isn't going to work, and there isn't a Virgin TV app for Roku TVs, this is an extremely inconvenient TV service. 

I was not able to download Virgin Plus Tv on my chromecast. I can only watch it using my Iphone. Is there a way for me to access it using my chromecast remote?

Virgin Plus TV My tv does not have PLUS installed the TV can't accept TV PLUS. 

FDD
Contributor

Buy a Google TV dongle ($40-$60) if your Smart TV doesn't run an OS that works with Virgin TV. It's an inexpensive device that works great for getting any Google TV app.

i control my tv via my phone app.  i do not have my phone for the night for repair purposes.  is there a way i can watch channels via my online account.  i looked but can find anything.  thanks for your help