When are Roam Sweet Roam charges triggered?

Rockstar194
Contributor

I am on vacation and want to know if i am within wifi, will i b charged roaming charges?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

VirginPlusAntgio

Hey there @Rockstar194,

Welcome to the Community and that's a great question.

Roaming charges would only occur if your device connects to the local network. For more information you can visit our Roam Sweet Roam FAQ'sOpens in a new tab or window support article.

We hope that you're having a pleasant time on your vacation.☺

View solution in original post

23 REPLIES 23

VirginPlusAntgio

Hey there @Rockstar194,

Welcome to the Community and that's a great question.

Roaming charges would only occur if your device connects to the local network. For more information you can visit our Roam Sweet Roam FAQ'sOpens in a new tab or window support article.

We hope that you're having a pleasant time on your vacation.☺

I have mobile data turned off on my phone while out of the country.

Why am I getting messages that roaming has been activated and I will be charged?

I am going to France & Spain for 6 weeks. Do I still pay roaming charges if I take the data package off amd onlu use the wifi in the hostels?

Also, can I Skype my wife on her cellphone in Canada whole I am in Europe and will she have to pay to accept my calls?

When out of country and on wifi do you still get charged for Roaming (Roaming sweet roam)

I recently got charged a big amount for roaming even though I have not used data and had my phone on airplane mode most of the time. Wanted to ask the community, which ones of the following do you get roaming charges for?

1. Using data

2. Making a phone call

3. Sending a text

4. Receiving a phone call

5. Receiving a text

Roam sweet roam charged me $16 on 8 days out of the 20 days I was travelling. Yet my phone was programmed to send all data to my e-Sim, and no data to my virgin SIM. I made that setting one time, on day 1... so it wasn't me changing things. And I used my phone a lot. Many, many times. Every single day.  So the setting worked fine on 12 days out of 20.
Does anyone know what glitch causes the Roam-Sweet-Roam billing to be activated "from time to time", even when all data is directed to the secondary e-SIM on my phone?
Google Pixel 7

will be in hawaii for a month...thinking of using the roamsweetroam addon...my question - when i am in a place that has free wifi, how do i avoid being charged for data through the plan?

I am travelling to the UK and have installed a UK eSIM with a number for calls/texts plus data. I want to make sure Virgin doesn't connect and activate Roam like Home. I also have LTE connected smart watch. Will turning off roaming data make sure this doesn't happen or do I have to turn off my Virgin SIM? Will I get charged if I receive a text? Even if it's off, and I get one via my watch?

We will be travelling to the US from Canada.  Since we will have other means for making/receiving telephone call we want to prevent receiving any charges due to incoming calls on our Virgin Plus account.  We can turn off/block incoming calls at the phone level (android), but will doing this prevent charges as well?

If not, how can we tell Virgin not to send any incoming calls?

Can we access the phone's voicemail (via another device) without incurring charges?

Thanks  

RedRose
Regular Contributor

Hi @AOCGenie 

turn on your airplane mode .. to you not getting any service.

to access your voicemail
Dial your 10-digit phone number from another line and Press the  #  key  to interrupt the voicemail message centre and Enter your password.

if you need Roaming and Travel  review Add-ons option click   Here  and  also  Here .

Thanks for this information. However, we may want to use wifi from time to time so turning on airplane mode would not allow that. I found a reference to an 'auto reject mode' (https://www.techguide.com.au/faq/android/how-to-block-incoming-calls-on-android/) which it says will reject all incoming numbers. But I don't know if that will prevent a charge from being made on the phone bill.

Does anyone know it it would?

Thanks 

RedRose
Regular Contributor

Hi @AOCGenie 

when turn on airplane mode .. is will be no any service from provider.

and turn on your WiFi is will be on all time and no issue will be working fine the WiFi.

i think is will be charge for the auto reject mode  because your line will be in service.

In my first test, turning on airplane mode did turn off wifi, but when I tried it again I was able to turn wifi back on while leaving airplane mode on. So your solution was correct. Thank you. 

RedRose
Regular Contributor

Hi @AOCGenie 

your welcome, my pleasure, enjoy your trip.