New phone sim does not work. SOS is showing

Sofia
Contributor

Hi all,

just got a new phone from Virgin and when I inserted my sim card into the new iPhone I could not make it work. It worked for a while and stoped. "SOS" is showing.

11 REPLIES 11

VirginPlusAntgio

Hey there @Sofia

Welcome to the Community and thanks for your post. 

In order for the Community to best assist, some clarification will be needed;

• Are you referring to a new activation or a hardware upgrade? If you're referring to a hardware upgrade and received the phone in the mail, you would have received a new SIM in the same box your phone came in and is the SIM that needed to be used once you've activated the order via My Account.
  • Have you tried to simply restart your phone?
  • Have you tried to reset your network settings?
  • If it is a new activation, a small delay may occur for your account to be fully activated.
  • Have you accessed your My Account profile to check your account status?

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Just joined network yesterday with new SIM, cannot receive call nor SMS, how to fix?

Hi there, @Garfield. Welcome to the Virgin Plus Community.

We wanted to check in and see if you were still having issues with your services. If so, could you take look at the questions from @VirginPlusAntgio above and let us know if his tips make any difference?

Otherwise, you can also take a look at our How To articles on Troubleshooting voice callsOpens in a new tab or window and Troubleshooting text, picture, and video messagesOpens in a new tab or window

Looking forward to hearing back from you. 🙂

Just got a new phone, I added the SIM card. I tested it by texting someone and it worked. About an hour later it stopped working and I have a SOS sign at the top. No more network available.

restarted my phone and took the SIM out

new Iphone 14, activated the phone online and inserted the sim card, phone can find sim card but is stuck in SOS mode. Have tried turning on and off the phone several times and resetting the network. What else can I try?

Mine is doing the exact same rn!, did it get fixed for u?.

I just migrated from Fido to Virgin a short while ago. I was still on a call with one of the agents when the line disconnected. Now I’m on SOS for over 30mins and can’t make or receive calls. What do I do?

Today i purchased the new sim as soon i changed my whatsapp number this number got banned on whatsapp and then no network is on my phone like it is showing sos only

Hi. Last week I was in France, and since I returned to Canada yesterday, my phone (Samsung Galaxy S20 FE 5G) doesn't connect to the network; the phone does not identify that there is a SIM. I have tried all possible options I think are appropriate (restart it, reset it, swap SIM, etc.) and it doesn't work. The only thing I did during my trip was activate/deactivate flight mode. Any recommendations to solve this issue? Thanks!

I opened a new plan with Virgin today, keeping my existing number. I'm using the same phone, but the Virgin SIM card I got doesn't seem to be recognized by the phone. It keeps saying emergency calls only and won't connect. Please help me.

I have a problem. I have been using Virgin Plus since March. However, in March, sometimes my SIM card did not connecting. But now, whenever I move around the area, it says no usim, and after a long time, I can use LTE again. I think it's a Virgin Plus problem, how can I solve it?