Long distance calls not going through

Tom K
Contributor

Hello,

I recently switched to a BYOP monthly plan with 200 long distance calling minutes included as a promo. Although it was quite choppy, I was able to make a 20min call to Japan a week or so ago. Since then, I haven't been able to successfully make international calls (to Japan, tried multiple different numbers) - there would be no dial tone and the receiver would get no record of the call. Is there anything I could do to fix this?

I use an android phone, fairly new. I'm situated in Vancouver, BC, close to a cellphone tower. The Japanese numbers I tried to call were all cellphone numbers.

Would appreciate any help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

VirginPlusAntgio

Hey there @Tom K

Welcome to the Community and thanks for your post. 

The Community being a peer to peer assistance channel, it would be hard to determine the cause, however you can try the following;

• Power cycle your device (turn fully off and back on again).
  • Reset your phones network settings.
  • If you recently changed your plan, check your plan description in My Account to ensure you do not have an international call blocker.
  • Have you contacted our technical support team to have your concern looked at?

Let the Community know if you have more questions.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

VirginPlusAntgio

Hey there @Tom K

Welcome to the Community and thanks for your post. 

The Community being a peer to peer assistance channel, it would be hard to determine the cause, however you can try the following;

• Power cycle your device (turn fully off and back on again).
  • Reset your phones network settings.
  • If you recently changed your plan, check your plan description in My Account to ensure you do not have an international call blocker.
  • Have you contacted our technical support team to have your concern looked at?

Let the Community know if you have more questions.

Thanks for your suggestions. I'll try contacting technical support if I continue to have problems.