Incoming calls go directly to voicemail

Hails
Contributor

For the past month I have been receiving voicemail messages without anyone calling. When this happens, I have not missed any calls. It is like whoever is dialing my number has it to go straight to voicemail. The voicemails are typically blank or sounds like background noises. I did sign up to have my number on the "do not call" list however, this continues to happen. 

This is quite annoying as it happens every day and with a 3 voicemail cap, I have to keep checking & deleting them. I'm pretty sure it's a robo call thing but I am not sure how to stop them.

Anybody have an idea on what to do? 

19 REPLIES 19

Good morning, @Kevin Eliuk. Welcome to the Virgin Plus Community, and thanks for your post!

As an FYI, we do offer an option for Virgin Plus members to adjust the number of rings before a call will go to voicemail. Could you check out the instructions provided in our thread on changing the number of rings before voicemail picks upOpens in a new tab or window and put your theory to the test?

Let us and the rest of the Community know if it makes for any difference. Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Kevin Eliuk
Contributor

Thank you Kris,

Thus far, the instructions have seemed to work for my Samsung phone, but the iPhone SE is still going to voicemail on 3 rings after trying to set it to 30 seconds.

We have called into Virgin Mobile support for assistance.

Hi there, @Kevin Eliuk.

Just wanted to check in and see if you had had any change in regards to your iPhone, or if you had heard back from Tech Support as of yet.

Let us know if you were still in need of assistance.

For the past 6+months,  occasional random incoming calls go straight to my VM - these incoming calls do not notify me.  There is no notification like my phone ringing, nor are these calls even shown in my Phone log.  The callers range from Unknown Callers to occasional callers to my Best Friends.  They could call at 5 pm and it rings fine but later on , it goes straight to VM

There us no rhyme or reason as to which caller and when this happens.  I did all the general troubleshooting as far as eliminating possible causes- the last step with buying a new SIM Card.

So I installed a brand new SIM Card (Virgin updated my account) on Apr. 18/24 and for the first few days, there were no issues.  I got incoming calls fine - multiple calls - no problemo.  Unfortunately,  I've now heard from 3 friends that it's doing the same thing again. 

I can't afford a new phone so I Really hope there is a simple workaround for this issue. 

Any help is appreciated,  thx.

L

I am not getting incoming calls sometimes and the calls directly forwarding to voicemail. And I lost WiFi calling option .