Phone order not being able to be canceled

TheT
Contributor

I placed an order for a new phone with a rep. I was not told that it is not in stock and after 3 days of no status update i called back and they told me that the ordered phone S22+ black is not in stock, so they will have to proceed with a cancelation which is was on Tuesday AM and will take 24-48 hours .

Yesterday morning, Thursday after 48 hours i called again and the cancelation process had not even begun but i was assured that that it will be completed within 24 hours cause it can take up to 3 business days.

This morning ( Friday) well this was a whole new story.  I got informed that no one actually actually placed a cancelation. After speaking with a supervisor ( they were more busy focusing on scripts rather than hearing me out) i was told that Virgin Mobile cannot simply cancel a phone order and not i have to wait up to 6 weeks to get a device ( or whenever they get in stock)

How do I cancel the order without possibly waiting 2 months for a phone?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

VirginPlusAntgio

Hey there @TheT,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for your post.

We can understand how frustrating having to wait for our new phones can be. 

Back orders can happen from time to time when many orders are submitted for the same product and when we run out, we have to wait for the manufacturer to send us more. 

If you already got in touch with phone support, we can only assume the required information was gathered and submitted for review.

If you haven't received any communications regarding the shipping or removal of your order since the day the order was submitted, let us know and we will do our very best to help.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

VirginPlusAntgio

Hey there @TheT,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for your post.

We can understand how frustrating having to wait for our new phones can be. 

Back orders can happen from time to time when many orders are submitted for the same product and when we run out, we have to wait for the manufacturer to send us more. 

If you already got in touch with phone support, we can only assume the required information was gathered and submitted for review.

If you haven't received any communications regarding the shipping or removal of your order since the day the order was submitted, let us know and we will do our very best to help.

How to cancel my Phone order?

I have three numbers under my account. Last night I called to have one of them cancelled as my daughter got a new phone from her grandparents. Her number is set to cancel at the end of the billing cycle.  

Within minutes I went online and placed an upgrade to the OTHER phone line.

Next morning, I look and the upgrade was posted to the one that I had just set to cancel. 

Called virgin right away and they told me that the order cant be cancelled so now I have to get my youngest daughter to take over the phone line that my oldest daughter had and cancel the youngest daughters line...

Seems to me that this was less than 16 hours and the phone had NOT shipped yet and should have been allowed to be cancelled.  Also, why would it let me even do an upgrade on a phone that I already set to cancel?  

MrDrex
Contributor

Did you get your phone after this?