Can I pause my virgin account

Rockstar7373
Contributor

Can I pause my Virgin Mobile account and for how long while I am out of the country?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

VirginPlusPatricia

Hi Rockstar7373, thanks for posting! That's a great question for our Community.

You can suspend your account up to 6 months at a time. Your monthly cost will depend if you are on an agreement or on a month to month subscription. 

For more details, check out What to expect when suspending your servicesOpens in a new tab or window.

View solution in original post

VirginPlusAntgio

Hey there Virgin Plus Members!

With temporary or seasonal service suspensions being so popular, we’d like to take a minute to share a few key points to be mindful of before reaching out to us in Member Care or before deciding if a temporary or seasonal suspension is a fit for you.

Are you on a 24-month agreement?

• If so, seasonal suspensions at reduced rates are not possible.

How long will you be traveling or have no need of service for?

• Seasonal suspensions at reduced rates (if you have a qualifying account) are available for six months at a time. If you wish to have it longer, one month at regular pricing will be required before a new request can be made.

A rate plan change may be required to complete your request.

• Are you on a Grandfathered rate plan? If so, that plan may not be an option again upon your return, thus an in market plan will need to be selected.
How are you planning on communicating with others while traveling?
  • We have great travel optionsOpens in a new tab or window that we’re sure will suit your needs.

Thanks for being part of the Virgin Plus Community and we appreciate all your effort in helping make the Virgin Plus Community a pleasant place to visit.

For more details, check out What to expect when suspending your servicesOpens in a new tab or window.

View solution in original post

25 REPLIES 25

VirginPlusPatricia

Hi Rockstar7373, thanks for posting! That's a great question for our Community.

You can suspend your account up to 6 months at a time. Your monthly cost will depend if you are on an agreement or on a month to month subscription. 

MargaretD
Contributor

I am out of the country for 3 months & not using my phone. Can I suspend my service for this time?

How to I contact the to suspend my account?

I purchased a phone with commitmnet(end date is Nov 20, 2022).
I traveled abroad for 2 months.
Can I pause my service temporarily for 2 months?

I have a question…

i am going to back home and no one will use home internet for next month can I stop my internet service or pause it …???

Good afternoon. I have been in Ukraine for three months now and cannot yet return to Canada. I don't use my mobile phone, but I get mobile bills every month. Question? how can i deactivate the service but keep my mobile number.? In my personal account, I can only change the tariff plan, but I cannot completely disable the service

Suspended my service because I am out of the country.

How do I temporarily suspend/disable my virgin plus account while I am on vacation?

I am in Japan for an exchange. Before I left at March I called to ask if I can frozen my account and keep my number. The lady who helped me said yes.

But I still received bills for April and the plan in my account home page is not changed. I paid for it but I don’t know where to find any support.

I am in Japan now so it’s hard for me to call in again. 

There was definitely no usage and yet I am still charged.

chinook79
Contributor

I'll save everyone's time and frustration.

If you are on contract, you cannot pause service.

Virgin will tell you that you could by paying off contract which almost always is more expensive than your monthly fees if you divide total by remaining month of contract.  This plus in order to maintain your number, they'll charge you $20 on top to "reserve your number" without providing any service at all.

If you are not on contract, you would be crazy to pay $20 for this, as you can simply port your number to another provider like public mobile that will hold your number for as little as $10 every 4 months (get cheapest plan, let it expire, you have 3 months until they release your number)

I am a snowbird and would like to know what your seasonal suspension program is and how much it cost.

I want to know how to do it !

How do I suspend my account?

VirginPlusAntgio

Hey there Virgin Plus Members!

With temporary or seasonal service suspensions being so popular, we’d like to take a minute to share a few key points to be mindful of before reaching out to us in Member Care or before deciding if a temporary or seasonal suspension is a fit for you.

Are you on a 24-month agreement?

• If so, seasonal suspensions at reduced rates are not possible.

How long will you be traveling or have no need of service for?

• Seasonal suspensions at reduced rates (if you have a qualifying account) are available for six months at a time. If you wish to have it longer, one month at regular pricing will be required before a new request can be made.

A rate plan change may be required to complete your request.

• Are you on a Grandfathered rate plan? If so, that plan may not be an option again upon your return, thus an in market plan will need to be selected.
How are you planning on communicating with others while traveling?
  • We have great travel optionsOpens in a new tab or window that we’re sure will suit your needs.

Thanks for being part of the Virgin Plus Community and we appreciate all your effort in helping make the Virgin Plus Community a pleasant place to visit.