"Internet Access Manager" disappears from the Valerie Router

AWAH
Contributor III

Referring to this link on "How to set up Internet Access Manager" at
https://virginhome.tmtx.ca/en/topic/homeinternet_valerie/how_to_create_access_controls_on_my_valerie...

Unfortunately, the "Internet Access Manager" function is no longer available in my Valerie router dashboard as of Aug 11, 2023 all of a sudden and all controlled schedule day and time for the specific devices are all gone!

I have tried both doing a "reboot", i.e. power cycling and a "reset to factory default".  In both cases,  the "Internet Access Manager" section of the dashboard still does not show up.  It just disappears forever. 

Here are the firmware info of my Valerie router FYI..

Firmware version:2.5
Rescue version:SG4F210008
User interface version:7.3.29
Hardware version:5566-000002-006

Technical Support said Virgin Plus is removing this function in stages and I guess I was hit first without being notified. There is nothing you can do to control any connected device other than turning the MAC Filtering ON or OFF for a specific device.  However, you still unable to specify any day or time of the day the device should have access with MAC Filtering. This makes the router a dummy device that only allow you to setup WiFi SSID and password which is very disappointing! 

Wonder if anyone experiences the same problem?  If yes, do you have a way to control access of a device from this dummy Valerie router?

21 REPLIES 21

AWAH
Contributor III

You may want to call the to ask for a replacement modem with the old firmware and hope that they will fix the problem soon!

Thank you! I will.

AWAH
Contributor III

You may want to call the to ask for a replacement modem with the old firmware and hope that they will fix the problem soon!

I am SOOOOOOO angry about this as well.  I have called 4 times to be told it's not available and been instructed to use an app that is not available in my region/country!  This feature is an absolute must for parents it's mind-blowing that it has been removed.  I was even sent a new modem that was supposed to have the feature (it did) and then it was removed again the next day!  RIDICULOUS!!!!!!!  I am ready to go find another provider despite the hassles that will be involved

AWAH
Contributor III

Setting up a WiFi schedule by device is a basic parental control feature on the modem/router and I complained to customer support and they shipped me a new modem but the feature was there for a day and it was disabled overnight. Bell / Virgin Plus chose to secretly disable this feature without pre-waring customers is a shame and a terrible business practice.  

I am also very angry. I just switched to Virgin Plus Internet, and I did see the parental controls for about a day or two, something I depend on to control access for multiple family members. I'm just glad I do not have a contract, and I will look for another provider, since this feature is a must for my family. 

leolol
Contributor

I need the Internet Access Manager to be reenabled in the router firmware, some kid's devices must stay on LAN only on specific schedules. Why can't Bell / Virgin provide us with an easy solution, like an updated firmware???